Zesty Sausage Breakfast Frittata
- Servings: About 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 - 25 minutes
- Total Time: About 1/2 hour
|1 lb||Roll Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage|
|½||Small Vidalia Onion, small diced (about ½ cup|
|3 oz can||Diced Green Chilies|
|¼ cup||Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese|
|¾ cup||Quesadilla Blend Shredded Cheese|
|Salt & Pepper, to taste|
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In an ovenproof skillet (I used my medium sized cast iron skillet) cook and chop the breakfast sausage until browned and in small pieces.
*** NOTE: Jimmy Dean sausage is very lean and has almost no fat that cooks out. If using a different brand or type of sausage, you may need to drain excess fat, at this point. ***
3. Add the diced onion and cook for a couple minutes more, until onions are translucent. Add the green chilies and stir to combine; remove from the heat and level out the meat mixture.
4. In a large bowl, crack the 6 eggs and add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until well blended, add the cheddar and 1/4 cup of the quesadilla blend cheese; stir to combine.
*** NOTE: I personally did not add any salt, as the cheese and sausage has plenty, but did add a generous amount of fresh ground pepper. ***
5. Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the sausage mixture and cook in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
6. In the last few minutes of cooking, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup quesadilla blend cheese on top to melt. Remove from oven, slice in wedges and serve immediately.